strategy one -
• View the dramatised scenes in Part two of the video The
Three Rs of Family Life*. These take 2½ minutes
to play all the way through.
• Discuss the questions on the worksheet
page 4, either in pairs or as a class.
• Re-view the video before completing the answers in writing.
strategy two - Using the scripts on the resource
• Divide into pairs and read each scene in parts.
• Keeping in character, answer questions 1 to 3 on the worksheet
• Using the answers for question 4, together write a continuation
of script C showing ways each person will need to change to make
their relationship better.
• Act this scene to the class. Think out with them which
other groups in the school would be helped by seeing it in order
to understand why respect is needed in relationships.
strategy three -
• Two people read/act script A to the class. They stay in
character while the others in the class discuss with them the answer
to question 1 on the worksheet.
• Another pair then reads/acts script B - "The Banging
Door" series. They stay in character while the class discusses
with them the answers to questions 2 and 3.
• The whole class works in pairs on question 4 and then as
many pairs as time allows act out in turns an improvised conversation
continuing from the end of script C using the elements underlined
to bring about changes in the relationship.
• After the scenes have been performed, identify the elements
which have been brought into the relationship because greater mutual
respect is being shown.
(* The Three 'R's of Family Life produced
by Family and Youth Concern )