YOU’RE NEVER ALONE
The following are answers given by teenagers when
asked why many boys join gangs.
• To make themselves look hard and cool. Something
to do. They might like going out a lot.
• I think it may be because they don't like being
picked on and it makes them feel secure.
• We don't like to be by ourselves. We are sociable.
• They like to feel they are somebody. They want to
be with the most popular boy. They want to be liked and popular.
• Because it shows who your friends are. If you are
in a group with a highly-respected person you'll make more
friends and people will probably look up to you.
• Belonging to a group makes you feel wanted.