1. A teenager wants to be a trend-setter,
having an unusual kind of party where the fun does not depend on
a lot of booze. It has been decided to talk about it as a family.
What do they come up with?
2. A family has been to the same place for summer holidays ever
since the children were young. They are now teenagers and want to
do something different. What compromise can they reach so that all
can have an enjoyable time?
3. The main bread-winner in the family has been made redundant.
What can all the others do to support that person and help to keep
things going through the difficult time ahead?
4. One of the grandparents who live nearby has died leaving the
other alone and needing regular help for which he/she cannot afford
to pay. The family has room to have him/her living with them but
the grandparent wants to remain as independent as possible. Obviously
adjustments will have to be made whatever happens. What would be
a good solution to this?
5. The parents have found that they hardly ever have a really good
talk together as a family. They blame the T.V. and are considering
throwing it out. Is this the best course of action or is there some
other way? If so what is it?