Questions about the story on resource
sheet 3 - Listen to the Children
5) What indication is there that the parents of
this family often had rows?
6) What past experience do you think the little
girl had which gave her the idea of speaking to her mother as she
7) Why is it so difficult to say, 'forgive me,'
or, 'I'm sorry,' and really mean it?
8) Why was it easier for the mother to say, 'Do
you want some coffee?'
9) What do you feel when someone genuinely apologises
The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
Is there anyone, particularly in your family, about whom you feel
as the mother did, 'I am bitter and I can't'? How about making an
experiment to see what happens?